“A summer intensive experience that you will never forget”
We are so excited about our summer intensive this year. Not only will the dancers be learning from the DC Dance Factory staff but also outside instructors from all over the United States.
Monday, June 11th
7:15-8:00 Check in for all dancers in Camp B, C, D and E
At that time you will pick up your child’s arm band, schedule and a small gift. Dancers must have this colored arm band on for every class for the entire 4 days. Our KHart dance wear store will be open at that time also for anyone needing a new dance outfit/shoes/tights. We have a lot of super cute new dance clothes and great new “The Experience” merchandise.
9:30-10:00am Check-in for all dancers in Camp A
- Camp A - 10:00am-2:00pm
- Camp B - 8:00am-3:00pm
- Camp C - 8:00am-3:00/3:15pm
- Camp D - 8:00am-3:30
- Camp E - 8:00am-3:30
What to bring:
- Lunch every day- or a parent can drop off a lunch at the scheduled time.
- A dance outfit for contemp/jazz/jumps/turms/stretch class- any color /style is fine- jazz shoes, piroette shoes, or foot undeez.
- Hip Hop clothes and shoes (most will have hip hop every day).
- Everyone except camp A need a solid color leotard, pink tights and socks or ballet shoes for ballet and must have hair in a bun.
(Camp A dancers will not need to change clothes for ballet - they can stay in regular dance clothes.)
- Boys - need basketball shorts/tank shirt/and either socks or ballet shoes for ballet.
- Snack for in between classes.
- Camp A, B, C need to bring tap shoes.
- Camp B,C,D,E need to wear tennis shoes for Zumba.
(Please put your child’s name on all shoes and clothing to avoid confusion)
Our tryouts for competition teams will be held during our Summer Intensive. If you plan to tryout please fill out the appropriate form below. Forms must be mailed in by June 1st.
Dancers that filled out a tryout form downloaded from our website that are wishing to tryout for a DC Dance Factory competition team will be given a number at check-in as long as your tryout form was mailed in on time. This number is to be worn for all classes all 4 days. We do not have replacement numbers so please don’t lose them. The teachers will make notes at the end of each class and throughout the class. During the assigned “tryout time” the dancers trying out will be asked to do a jazz combo and a hiphop combo they learned during the week along with a few technical skills.They should bring hiphop clothes to the audition time as well as shoes to turn in. (Camp A doesn’t have to bring hiphop clothes to tryout) Please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have at : email@example.com Good luck everyone and we hope you enjoy THE EXPERIENCE.
Final teaching staff for the experience will be announced closer to intensive date.